Chicago, IL, 17-19 Aug 2008

Stopped in Chicago as I was making my way to Canada, and caught up with David White and Kathy Bucknell. Dave and I headed out on my first night for a bite to eat and a few drinks, which had us bar hopping around Chicago. If you are ever in Chicago, the views from the ladies toilets up on the John Hancock Centre are amazing! Yes, I made a trip to the loo just for a few snapshots.






During our bar hopping down and around Michigan Ave, or the Magnificent Mile, I spotted my favourite store.....yep if you read the previous posts you would know that it's Forever 21. Couldn't resist so I took a pic, and I think it may now be Dave's favourite store too!





Next day Dave and I went on one of Chicago's river tours, which highlights all the major buildings and their history. The tour took us down Chicago River and into Lake Michigan.


Stairs leading to riverbank


City from the Chicago River


Navy Pier from Lake Michigan


Chicago from Lake Michigan


Light house out on Lake Michigan. Used to be occupied until owner decided to do a nudie run and offend onlookers!


Following night went to Second City comedy club with Dave and Kathy for a few laughs. It was their best of and very funny. If you haven't seen it, it is political/socio based. They sure don't hold back. Quite a few moments of.....I can't believe they just said that.

Off to Canada next.....for the wedding!!!