California, 24-29 Aug 2008

My last stop on this trip was California. This was my first visit back in 18 months after living in Orange County for two years. I sure did miss the place. It was great to be back and see friends, and visit Disneyland of course! Though first on the agenda was driving up to the outlets in Camarillo. Took 2 hours each way but sure was worth with it. Even if only to go 80miles/hr on the freeway :)

I caught up with my friend Sonya, who is a New Zealander that lives in Orange County with her husband and little one Liam. This was the first time that I have met Liam, and he was absolutely delightful. Sonya and I did spent some girlie time together hanging out at Irvine Spectrum Centre.


Attempting to eat a 'Factory Burrito Grande' at The Cheesecake Factory.
I only managed half of it.


The fountain at Irvine Spectrum


The Carousel at Irvine Spectrum Centre


Adorable Liam


Me and Liam having fun


Sonya with Liam


Me, Sonya, Liam


I also got to spend some time with another friend, Julie, and her family. Julie and I had a few laughs especially at Disney. Julie has two little boys, Aiden and Hayes. Two very cheeky monkeys!


Aiden and me


Hayes, me and Aiden


The faces of Hayes

Disney here we go!


Main St, Disney


City Hall, Disney


The castle


To infinity and beyond!


Ho, ho, ho, ho, a pirate's life for me...


Captain Jack

After we all went on the Pirates ride, we were stopped by a Disney person, who informed us, in a very creepy fashion, that we have won Disney's Year of Million Dreams prize. Yes, we were skeptical at first, especially as we were escorted to the 'prize room'. But alas it was all very official. Our prize was our very own tour guide for 4 hours. Yeh we didn't think much of it, until we were told that we wouldn't have to wait in line for any rides and would go straight to the front of the queue. Now that's better! So we had our very own guide, and it was great. We went on so many rides that would not have been possible in that time. And they only give out this prize once per day!


Where dreams come true....


Julie and I with her two boys waiting for our tour guide




On the Nemo submarine ride...and yep, the accent of the story teller was Aussie!


Where Mr. Toad lives


and his mate's house, Mad Hatter


Julie with Hayes


Aiden, Julie, Hayes and me waiting to go on the Dumbo ride

The kids got tired so they went home with their dad, which meant that for the remaining adults....rides here we come! We went on Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Soarin' Over California, Screamin' California, Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean (again) and Grizzly River Run where we got absolutely soaked.


Cruising in the tea cup


Feeling dizzy anyone?


Me and Julie


Leg up ladies!


Me, Jace and Julie


Jace, Julie and I with our wonderful tour guide Karen


Some great billboards at Disney