It Has Started!!!! Point Cook, 20 October 2008

After many months of contemplating the idea of building, followed by actually looking at display homes, then colour selections and the signing of contracts and drawings, my house is finally being built!!!!

How it all began..............


What the land looked like when I bought it in early 2007. At least the ramp for the driveway is done! Not many houses built in my street but behind me they had started to build. I wonder who the middle house belongs to?? :)

After quite a few months, ok over a year of not much love and care, there was quite a bit of weed/grass/ugly plant growth, oh and I can't forget that it was the dumping ground for my wonderful neighbours while they were building. That will teach me to: a) put up a fence next time, and b) don't be one of the last ones to build.


Mid-September I thought I'd better get a move on and get it cleaned up a bit. And you can probably tell that that's not me. It's my brothers, but I did help out!!

My brother-in-law, Garry, also helped out and did a much better job of really cleaning it up. Helps to have a relative with connections!


Front view. Ahhhh, no crap on the land!



View from over the "neighbour's" back fence!

So now the builder has put up the temporary fence, the portable loo is in place and the dumpster is ready to go. It has all its boundary pegs in place as well as the garage boundary pegs up, since the house will be up against the fence.



Can't wait for it to really get going!!!


Some facts about Point Cook
  • Part of City of Wyndham
  • Population: 14, 162 (as at 2006 Consensus)
  • Located south of the Princes Freeway
  • Birthplace of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
  • Was named in 1836 and actually spelt Point Cooke
  • It includes Greg Norman's designed Sanctuary Lakes Golfing Estate
  • It is surrounded by the following attractions: Point Cook Homestead, Point Cook Coastal Park, Point Cook RAAF Museum, Werribee Open Range Zoo and Werribee Mansion